Avenue, Waycross GA 31501,
Post-Operative Instructions for
Things To Avoid Until directed Otherwise By Your
Things To Do Unless Directed Otherwise By Your Physician
- Rest and stay off your feet for the first 48 hours
- Sleep with head elevated on two pillows
- Drink clear liquids only for the first 8 hours after surgery.
Afterwards if no nausea or vomiting, you may start on soft diet and drink
plenty of fluids
- Apply ice compresses to eyes, forehead and on either side of the nose
for first 24 hours after surgery to minimize swelling and bruising
- May apply Vaseline to lips if desired
- Use a cool-mist vaporizer to help keep mouth and throat moist
- Change drip pad under your nose as needed
- Leave any nasal packing or splints in place
- Take your prescription antibiotics and pain medication as
Call Your Doctor
- If you have excessive bleeding (soaking drip pad every 15 minutes)
- If you have increasing pain or headache that is not relieved by your pain
- If nose swells up excessively (mild swelling is
Return to Post
information e-mail us.
© 2004 Kandallu R. Ramesh, M.D., P.C.
Any information provided on this
Web site should not be considered medical advice or a substitute for a
consultation with a physician. If you have a medical problem, contact your local
physician for diagnosis and treatment.